The Global Journal’s Top 100 NGOs special issue also features:
- a fascinating history of international NGOs by Thomas Davies, lecturer in International Politics at City University London;
- an eyewitness account of the ‘dark side’ of NGOs in post-earthquake Haiti by Jonathan M Katz, a former Associated Press reporter and editor;
- a thought-provoking essay on the globalization of ideas by Harvard professor David Armitage;
- a worrying report from Laurent Vinatier on Europe’s ‘last dictatorship’ in Belarus;
- an exclusive interview with leading historian Mark Mazower on the past and future of global governance; and
- an evocative photo essay by Daniel Blaufuks capturing the everyday beauty of today’s Iran.